-sero inflammatory arthritis

marymary Member
I was diagnosed with this arthritis a year ago...the dr. told me what is missing for it to be rheumatoid is its missing the rheumatoid factor.im a bit confused about this is there anyone that has heard of this that can explain it more to me?

Comments

• marymary Member
    I was diagnosed with this arthritis a year ago...the dr. told me what is missing for it to be rheumatoid is its missing the rheumatoid factor.im a bit confused about this is there anyone that has heard of this that can explain it more to me?
  • I am not what sero means, but I have several things ortho/rum, fibro, etc
    And cannot take anything for inflammation, which is a major problem.
    I use turmeric combo and follow diet for inflammation, also gluten free and drink almond milk. I have alot of pain and feel stuck.
    I would be interested in whT you find out about sero,etc.
    Does what you call it,make a difference in how one handles. Pain?

• Hi Mary, I hope by now you have discovered what sero-negative RA is. I also am sero-negative. The way I understand it is: I do not have a positive RA blood test. All of my blood work came back negative. But, at the same time, I have a lot of the physical problems of RA. I am responding with taking methotrexate. I also recently had a blood test done that checks a lot of other factors. It is an expensive bloodwork test, but it cam back with me having medium RA. Fortunately, I am still on the low end and can function fairly well, although I do get tired. Hope this helps some.
  • Are you talking about sero-negative RA? If so, I have it, and it's never turned positive in over 20 years. Because it's sero negative doesn't mean it's an "easier" case of RA.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR