Pain Management

New Life OutlookNew Life Outlook New Life Outlook
edited October 2014 in Coping
imagePain Management

Rheumatologists assess your condition and prescribe medication to control pain and progression starting with disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs).

Read the full story here

Comments

• zappyzappy Member
    I really need help im in so much pain its not even funny please help me
  • I have RA, did not have a flare up for a long time, but was very ill, and then got the worse flare up ever. Especially chest pain, it is the worse pain, I have pain in my wrists, joints, etc, but the chest pain is such that is making me so tired, I am on Anthrotec 75, along with Paracetamol/codeine 500/20 mg. If I forget the tablets and the pain comes back, it is unbearable. It hurts to talk, reach, move my arms, even to breathe hurts.
  • I was diagnosed with RA approx. 6 yrs ago. The only marker that was elevated was
    my CRP. Initially started on methotrexate and
    my liver enzymes elevated, that was stopped . I then went on Arava and have been on it ever since. I continued with
    symptoms. Humira injections were started and I had a good response. My b/p became out of control. I saw a Nephrologist and had a kidney work up. I was found to have Renal cell carcinoma. My meds were all stopped and O had miserable 3 months. 2 years later my Rheumatologist started me on Actemra infusions. Prior to starting my infusions I questioned if I could continue to work. After being on it for 18 months my pain has been greatly reduced. Just started on Plaquenil which has helped with my hand stiffness. I am now on a 3 drug therapy. Work full time as a critical care nurse. My med regimen has greatly helped.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR