COMMUNITY QUESTION: Radiofrequency ablation?

AlyssaWinegardenAlyssaWinegarden New Life Outlook
Elizabeth asks: 'Hi! I have rheumatoid arthritis & stenosis. Wednesday morning, I will be having a radiofrequency ablation in my cervical area. Have many of you found relief from that? What was your experience? Thank you, Elizabeth.'

Comments

• FeliciFelici Member
    I had two radiofrequeny ablations in my lumbar area (have spinal stenosis ). My sciatic pain has not returned and I can walk without my cane now..............I don't know how long it will last, but accordng to the pain management doctor it could be up to two yeas.
    My RA is another story........my hand pain is very bad. Can anyone suggest a good pain med?
  • jwinnjwinn Member
    I've had the RF ablation on my neck at C2 several times. It works great for me. It helps control my headaches and the stiffness in my neck. I usually have to have it done about every 4-6 months, but that varies for everyone. It may take a few days to a week to get the full effect. Good luck, hope you have good results.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR