Getting Dressed

New Life OutlookNew Life Outlook New Life Outlook
edited October 2014 in Lifestyle
imageGetting Dressed

While this single chore can be exhausting, there are tips that can make getting ready in the morning much easier so you don’t have to wear sweats.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Is there anything we that have RA can do to sleep at night. I go about 3 nights a week that I can't sleep. I don't want to take sleeping pills st my age of 72. I appreciate anything you can tell me about getting more rest. Thanks. Jerry
  • @jwbatt First of all Jerry... God Bless you! You're 72 and with your RA you just want to sleep. I will tell you, I 100% understand. I am so uncomfortable, I most evenings sit upright in my recliner. my joints hurt so bad that laying down is worse than sitting up.

To answer your question... you can take Melatonin. It is quite safe. It is sold over the counter. And you can find it in any health food store, or where they sell vitamins. Even most large drug store chains carry it. You can talk to your dr about what is a safe dosage for you. It is not something that is habbit forming nor can harm you. It will just help give you the rest you need.

If Melatonin isn't an option for you... there are wonderful Sleepytime tea's available in a few flavors now, from a couple companies, but one big one is Celestial Seasonings. They can be found in any Super Market, Walmart, or you can order them right online from the company at celestialseasonings.com. If you just want to gently be put into a relaxed sleep.. then that's the one you should try. I do use those when I feel at my worse and it's between taken more drugs or just trying to close my eyes for a while.

I'm sure there are other things out there. But these two I have and do use. BTW.. I'm only 52. but paralyzed on one side from an accident from the waist down. I have failing joints from over use and RA in most of my joints. Learning to live with the pain, is I think by far the most hardest thing I've had to do. Going through my accident at least I knew why I was hurting.. and what I needed to do to get to where I am now..34 years later...But living with the RA, getting injections every few months and still having the pain... Sometimes needing help getting my shoes on or buttoning my pants or zipping my jackets or even pants!!! If I get down on the floor It's a long time before I can get back up again. And going up steps.. well.. that's a whole different subject! I don't think I was ever embarrassed living with my handicap as I am now, living with the wonderful RA!

I hope that you are able to find something that helps Jerry. All In All.. I do still believe that God never gives us more than we can handle. I can't wait to get to heaven and ask Him.. just WHAT was He THINKING anyway? ~Debbie
  • sherriesherrie New Life Outlook
    Thank you so much for sharing what's worked for you, @DebbieB_62! @jwbatt You might also find this article helpful for sleeping tips: https://ra.newlifeoutlook.com/sleep-better-with-ra/

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR