Risk of Blood Clots

New Life OutlookNew Life Outlook New Life Outlook
edited November 2014 in Risks

Rheumatoid Arthritis article: Risk of Blood ClotsRisk of Blood Clots

Rheumatoid arthritis significantly increases a person’s risk for fatal blood clots in the lungs (pulmonary embolisms) or in the legs (deep vein thrombosis).

Read the full story here

Comments

• Wow! Anything else? And here I thought deformity would be the only issue!
  • I got very sick about 1 mo ago, very high liver enzymes, very high white count, and 103 temp. I think they thought I was dying. Hospitalized but never did diagnose it. Doxycycline for a mo. Now, everything hurts. All joints, fingers have started swelling in the joints. I think I even broke one finger smacking it on the table. I'm also having reflux, heartburn, etc. now mammogram redo because of changes. I was walking 3 miles daily before I got sick, but now when I walk, I walk stiff like a robot. Does this sound familiar to any of you out there?
  • @cindyt sounds like your gall bladder possibly gallstones. That was the cause of my heartburn reflux and elevated liver enzymes and white blood count.
  • NormaNorma Member
    Hi ive had RA for 8yrs now it has caused me serious health problems! Besides the awful pain I have pulmonary fibrosis caused from the RA, n congestive heart failure, kidney failure, sepsis, n pneumonia! I was on a ventilator for nine days in March! Now I read it can also cause blood clots! ! I haven't took any Ra meds in a year,but lung n heart dr says I have to treat the Ra, but as you all no it lowers ur immune system!All I no to do is pray n trust in God! !
  • This article is the first time I've ever read about RA & PE connection. I've had RA 30+ years, and 12 years ago had a doublePE. It left part of my lung nonfunctional because of the blood flow being blocked. I had no clue, thought I had a UTI because it hurt on the side of my waist. Fortunately I went to the hospital because I couldn't lie down, stand up, nor sit. They CAT scanned me immediately, and put me in cardiac ICU. I feel very fortunate to still be above ground. I still give myself a Lovanox shot before l travel by plane to avoid a repeat. I drink lots of water all the time. So far, so good.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR